Hey guys, so we all know how expensive travelling with your family can be, I have whipped up some tips that we have used to save and still enjoy when we travel.
- Plan ahead of time and look for the plane ticket deals. Use use This site here.
- Have a budget for food, transportation,lodging and sightseeing, that way you don’t spend more than you have planned for your trip.
- If you have friends that live in the city, ask if they can host you. The answer is always No if you don’t ask.
- Eat like where the locals do, stay away from touristy restaurants. Ask around , and people will recommend you in the spot. We did this and the food was just the best and authentic.
- Walk, take the bus or the train , instead of a guided bus tour.
- Buy tickets to museums and attractions online, they are usually discounted.
- Buy food at the local grocery store and cook at least once a day. You will be surprised how much money is spent when eating out.
- Stay at an Airbnb, ten times better than staying at a hotel, plus you get to cook your own food.
- Get plenty of snacks for your kiddos.
- Try to use up all of your change as you won’t be able to exchange them back into your currency. Trust me every penny counts.
- If possible and you have enough space in your suitcases, bring all the toiletries, diapers (nappies) and wipes. This will save you some money , and saves you time , as you won’t have to be looking for these items abroad. It worked for us.
I hope this little list is as useful as it was for us. Feel free to add some of your amazing tips and tricks.